Quizabled is a distinctive quizzing program for children and Youth who are Differently Abled which is
organized by Seva-in-Action, Bengaluru (S.i.A) and powered by Larsen and Toubro InfoTech Ltd (LTI).
The event is designed to include five different categories of disability namely, Intellectual Disability (ID),
Cerebral Palsy (CP), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Visual Impairment (VI), and Hearing Impairment
Quizabled was conceptualized by Seva-in-Action in the year 2016 and was curated by 4 Edge Quizzing Solutions. The concept became a reality with LTI powering it since its inception. It is first of its kind in India, where children and youth with disabilities are given an opportunity to showcase knowledge and intellectual capabilities. The main purpose of this program is to provide a platform for the differently abled for knowledge development, to raise awareness by dispelling myths about the potentials of children & youth with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and to promote and encourage participation of the differently abled in quizzing events and even take part in competitive exams in the future. With the event being curated and conducted by Professional Quiz Masters, the program offers a very positive and professional environment, thereby creating interest for information gathering amongst participants and ensuring that their quest for knowledge never ends. The initial Editions of ‘Quizabled’ were held physically at Bengaluru, Karnataka and in the year ‘2018’ it was expanded to other States in collaboration with ‘The Spastics Society of TamilNadu(SPASTN)’ –Chennai and in collaboration with ‘Sujaya Foundation’, Mumbai, Maharashtra. The physical event saw more than 2000 students and Youth with disabilities take part in it. In the course of this Pandemic Era, ‘Quizabled’ was launched on a virtual platform in the year, ‘2021 -22’ to keep up with the new normal. By launching the event online, it has opened up a series of positive collaborations with our existing/new stakeholders, Corporate & NGO partners and also ascertaining that the interest and enthusiasm of the participants never faded. While we were met with several barriers and challenges, the response has been overwhelming so far. Nearly, 500 children/youth with disabilities across Karnataka, Mumbai and TamilNadu took part in the First Virtual event (2020-21) with great enthusiasm. This has indeed prompted us to make further modifications to the online event and also reach out to other Organisations and Schools across new districts of Karnataka, TamilNadu in collaboration with our NGO Partner Organisations. This time, as ‘Quizabled’ steps into its 7 th year, we now once again have the opportunity to explore the potentials of the digital platform and engage with many more children and Youth with disabilities. This year, a total number of 13 districts from Karnataka, 4 new districts from Maharashtra and 12 districts from TamilNadu have been engaged with. An expected number of 1150 participants are all set to take part in ‘Quizabled 2021-22’ on a virtual mode. We believe that events like ‘Quizabled’ are an integral part of the lives of every person for it changes and shapes the very basic attitudes that much needed to create an Inclusive Society. In line with our Mission statements, we are determined to take “Quizabled” to the next level. Way forward, we aim at making this platform an opportunity to disseminate and to showcase our approaches towards bringing about transformative changes in the society towards Inclusion, Advocacy and also Influence Policy Change. For more information , visit @www.sevainaction.org
Participant Details of 5 Years of QUIZABLED
Feedback from the schools
- Quizabled brought out the ability in their children, which they never imagined.
- Quizabled is giving an opportunity to children in building their knowledge and competitive spirit.
- Teachers are enthusiastic to provide intense support to students for Quizzing.
- Quizabled is encouraging children to participate eagerly every year.
- Question bank helps children with model questions for prepar
- The students and the parents are happy when they won, and are eager to participate the next year as well.
- The Question bank sent by SPASTN helps us train students for the quiz and encourages us to incorporate this type of questions in regular academics.
- The unique platform for students allows them to showcase their talent to the outside world and motivates them to participate with more effort, preparation and spirit.
- All children were very excited to play the final round as it was a new thing for them.
- Quizabled provides students with a superb platform to showcase their skills and knowledge and helps them prove to the society that they are equally abled and can-do wonders if given the right opportunity.
- The best part for me was to witness the competitiveness, the excitement and the thrill of winning displayed by the students. I was humbled by their skills!